Work Experience/ Networking Experience

Working Experience

Media Savvy

For a good while I’ve been working at a place called media savvy which is an extension of a bar called Diego‘s. During this job I was tasked with making such things as advertisements for Diego‘s. The kind of advertisement I made were ones that would show off new bathtubs that they had installed, A new gym area that they were creating below the bar and also I was tasked with editing down and creating video forms of comedy stand-up sets that were given to me. I made around 5 Comedy sets edited together to match the video with audio and along with changing camera angles to spice up and make the comedy sketches more interesting to watch visually.

Also when I was working at media savvy I also learned how to set up different types of the lights in order to take pictures for selling merchandise for both Diego’s and media savvy. The merchandise I took pictures of what is stuff between pillows, T-shirts, hats, hoodies and trousers. Also during this time I learned how to use professional white backgrounds to make the merchandise that we were advertising stand out against the background which was a plain nice white. Knowing how to set up everything from the lights to the white background is very useful for in the future for me.

Whilst working at media savvy again lots of new knowledge about things such as how to handle and control different types of cameras and how to edit and light photos and video. This would be very useful if in the future I am having to do a lot of work when it comes to marketing and advertising as I can very easily understand what do I need to do to market a certain piece of merchandise or any sort of product which is physical and I can light, photograph and video.

Networking Experience

May the Force be with you: Careers and Opportunities in the Screen Sector

During my studies I attended a talk with David Puttham, David Puttham is a British film producer and educator that has worked on films such as Chariots of Fire,War of the buttons and Swastika and TV shows such as Billy Fury: Sounds of Fury. The talk I attended was called May the force be with you: Careers and Opportunities in the Screen Sector, during this talk he discussed many new pieces of technology that are advancing filmmaking such as The existence of the virtual sets used in TV shows and films like The Mandalorian and The Batman. David Puttham also went into great detail about his work experience in the industry and how we got there along with speaking about the economic side of the media industry and how business is conducted in that industry.

Zara McDermott's Disordered Eating



Also during my studies at Sunderland College  I was also able to attend at bede campus a viewing of Zara McDermotts Disordered Eating. Zara McDermotts disordered eating is a documentary about Zara’s experience with dealing with eating disorders and body image after being in The wildly popular show Love Island. The documentary is also about showing many people who are having problems with eating disorders ways to help themselves in those sort of situations.

After watching Zara‘s documentary we were able to speak to Zara McDermott herself in person about her many different projects she has been in in the media industry from Love Island to her own documentary along with speaking about how to get into the media industry Along with how the media industry treats its employees. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mock Interview